Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
• Discuss the latest advances made in emergency medicine.
• Explain management, technology and techniques for optimal care of diverse trauma, critical care and emergency medicine-related issues.
• Improve the visibility of emergency medicine in areas of focused clinical medical expertise, reflecting the unique scope of the practice.
• Encourage clinical and academic excellence throughout the field of emergency medicine and offer opportunities to discuss the current and evolving practices.
• Foster an environment for emergency medicine colleagues to exchange ideas on common challenges facing this specialty.
• Illustrate the latest strategies and techniques for optimal care in the emergency care setting, including pediatrics, respiratory care and trauma management.
• Explore cutting-edge research and to promote clinical collaboration.
• Apply knowledge gained and lessons learned to provide quality emergency care in practice settings.